Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mediocre Housekeeping

Shed a little light.
I'm not saying that I can't sew.   I am saying that I don't have the required patience and natural affinity for straight lines.  

Here's the related dilemma.   I love the sun.  If it were up to me, I'd teach in a glass box.   When I'm reading or writing, the world sometimes goes missing for a bit.   This is not the case for all of my students.

I started off the year teaching with the blinds open all the way, but I found that I needed some cafe curtains to help keep the easily distracted students on task.   I still raise the blinds, but here you can see my no-sew solution for obscuring the view.

For each modular classroom window you will need a tension rod, approximately 3 dish/tea towels, a fistfull of metal shower curtain rings and another of bulldog clips.   T.J. Maxx and Tuesday Morning are great resources for inexpensive linens, but I ordered mine from Amazon.  

If you would like to raise and lower the window for some fresh air without breaking your fingers, you may also want to invest in some inexpensive gardening gloves.   But if it's my cool MLK Jr. poster you're after, it's for sale on Amazon too.


Come closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment